Who Tangerine is For
Tangerine Walk-In Counselling is available free of charge to children and youth, up to their 18th birthday, and their parents, caregivers or adult supporters.
Adolescents aged 12 to 17 may access this service independently. Tangerine Walk-In Counselling is only available to residents of the Region of Peel.
We see families and their children for a wide range of reasons including:
- Parents/caregivers/guardians frustrated with child/youth behaviours
- Children, youth and families experiencing significant change such as a new school, a new relationship, or a new community
- Challenges for children and youth that impact how they feel about themselves
- Issues for youth and/or their parents/caregivers relating to LGBT, including gender identity and sexual orientation
- Relationship issues (friendships, dating, siblings)
- Children and youth experiencing anxiety, depression or other mental health concerns
- Strong feelings that are impacting behaviour at home, school or in the community
- Youth experiencing difficulties at school or with parents
- Youth involved in the justice system
- Youth in transition
- Youth who are at risk of homelessness
- Grief and loss